Coolest Reading Places, Support Our Troops Edition
These enthusiastic 4WOR readers are (from left) Master at Arms 2nd Class Mark Everline and Master at Arms 3rd Class Scott Armstrong of the U.S. Navy. Armstrong sent us the photos and a note from the Middle East, where he’s “missing my ’96 Cherokee back home just as much as ever. When I’m not deployed or reading the magazine, I’m back home in Port Jervis, New York, wheeling all over New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania with my buddies, finding new trails and crossing rivers or new mud pits to make sure my snorkel is still airtight and my winch still works.”
Armstrong’s baby has a 4-inch Rough Country lift, 31-inch Super Swampers on 15-inch Cragars, a Warn 9500 winch, custom front and rear bumpers, and removable doors with plug-and-play trailer hitch connectors to disconnect the electronics in the door. “Still a project, not quite done yet,” he says.
If you’re in the service and a 4WOR fan, send a high-res photo of yourself and the magazine, plus some details about where and with what you wheel back home, to email@example.com.
Best Photo Ever
It’s got the Pep Boys, ZZ Top’s Billy Gibbons, and a Willys that needs a little air. What else can we say?
• Apr. 21: Mud for Blood truck and car show and blood drive, Canton, GA. Info: www.mud4blood.org
• May 3-5: Land Between the Lakes Jeep Jamboree, Marshall County, KY. Info: www.jeepjamboreeusa.com
• May 5: Jeep Blessing, hosted by the Cadillac Jeepers, Mesick, MI. Info: www.cadillacjeepers.com
• May 5-6: Lucas Oil 4Wheel Jamboree Nationals, Ozark Empire Fairgrounds, Springfield, MO. Info: www.4wheeljamboree.com
• May 5-7: Spring Run, hosted by the Lone Star Jeep Club, Superlift ORV Park, Hot Springs, AR. Info: 501/625-3600, www.orvpark.com
• May 10-12: 4x4 Safari, Pittsfield, IL, by Two Rivers Jeep Club. Info: www.trjc.com
• May 10-12: Big Bear Jeep Jamboree, Big Bear Lake, CA. Info: www.jeepjamboreeusa.com
• May 10-12: Top of the Ozarks Jeep Jamboree, Seymour, MO. Info: www.jeepjamboreeusa.com
• May 11-13: Molina Ghost Run, Hollister Hills SVRA, Hollister, CA. Info: www.cal4wheel.com
• May 12: Basic and Advanced Winching Clinic, El Paso Mountains, Mojave, CA, by Badlands Off-Road Adventures. Info: 310.374.8047, www.4x4training.com
• May 16-19: Rally on the Rocks UTV/SxS rally, Moab, UT. Info: email lanse@rallyon therocks.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
• May 17-19: Palo Duro Jeep Jamboree, Amarillo, TX. Info: www.jeepjamboreeusa.com
• May 18-20: Lucas Oil 4Wheel Jamboree Nationals, Allen County Fairgrounds, Lima, OH. Info: www.4wheeljamboree.com
• May 19: MORE 500 desert race, Lucerne, CA. Info: www.moreracing.net
• May 19: Getting Started Off-Road Driving Clinic, Hungry Valley SVRA, Gorman, CA, by Badlands Off-Road Adventures. Info: 310.374.8047, www.4x4training.com
• May 19-20: 4Wheel Parts Truck & Jeep Fest, Dallas Market Hall, Dallas, TX. Info: www.4wheelparts.com/events
• May 19-20: Iron Range Off-Road Driving School, Iron Range OHV Park near Minneapolis and St. Paul, MN. Info: www.ironrangeoffroad.com
• May 20: Advanced Beginner Off-Road Driving Clinic, El Paso Mountains, Mojave, CA, by Badlands Off-Road Adventures. Info: 310.374.8047, www.4x4training.com
• May 24-28: Sam’s Offroad Customer Appreciation Run, Superlift ORV Park, Hot Springs, AR. Info: 501/625-3600, www.orvpark.com
• May 25-28: Hi Desert Roundup, Anderson Dry Lake in Johnson Valley, CA. Info: www.cal4wheel.com
• May 31–June 2: Canyon de Chelly Jeep Jamboree, Chinle, AZ. Info: www.jeepjamboreeusa.com
• Note: If you have a 4WD event you want us to publicize, please send the date, location, a description of the event, and contact info—phone numbers and/or email/website address—to Calendar, 4-Wheel & Off-Road magazine, 831 S. Douglas St., El Segundo, CA 90245; fax 310.531.9368; email 4wheel email@example.com. Please submit your info at least four months in advance of the event due to our press lead times.