Packed with innovative features and powered by a supercharged Vortec 6000 V8, the GMC Sierra Pro Plus represents the next step in professional grade trucks for contractors, builders and other tradesmen. With its ingenious solutions such as quarter side storage and a removable split rear seat that can be replaced by portable multi-bin organizers, this version of the Sierra Heavy Duty 4WD Extended Cab full-size pickup is equally adept as a heavy hauler or as a portable work station.
The Sierra Pro Plus expands on ideas introduced on the GMC Sierra Professional, first showcased at the 1999 Special Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show and later displayed at other trade shows. Based on the strong positive reaction garnered at these shows, GMC has decided to begin production of the Sierra Professional, starting this December.
"The Sierra Pro Plus is a natural outgrowth of GMCs strong heritage in the vocational market," said Lorraine Babiar, Sierras assistant brand manger, product. "The Pro Plus adds another dimension of totally unexpected work capability to the GMC Sierra, providing both an office environment as well as numerous ways to carry and organize the professional tools needed on the job."
Magna Steyr partnered with GMC to design, develop, assemble and bring to market the GMC Sierra Professional, and again worked with GMC to produce the Pro Plus show vehicle.
Like the Sierra Professional, the Pro Plus features both a floor console and a rear under-seat storage box, both lockable. Extending from the instrument panel to the back of the front seats, the Magna floor console includes a Palm Pilot and cell phone storage station with charging outlets, along with temperature-controlled cupholder and removable cooler. The center console can be easily converted to provide hanging file folder storage, and convenient nets on the underside of the lid and on the backside of the console offer additional storage. The reconfigurable under-seat storage box offers over two cubic feet of space for larger tools such as rotary hammers, saws and even a 4-foot level.
The Sierra Pro Plus adds even more cargo management capability, including a 60-40 split bench rear seat, with the 40-percent portion being removable. In place of the removable portion, portable multi-bin organizers serve as a toolbox on wheels. A Panasonic Toughbook laptop computer is integrated into the rear door panel on the drivers side, while a tool kit organizer has been built into the passenger side rear door panel. A hook system on back of the front seats holds a storage tube for keeping blueprints.
For enhanced comfort, the Sierra Pro Plus is outfitted with driver and passenger Grammer Air Ride seats, which even include a massage lumbar system for the drive home after a hard day on the job. For convenience, GM Accessories contributes a Dura power rear sliding window concept as well as a currently available sunshade CD holder which slides over the sunvisor and stores 12 CDs within easy reach. Brushed aluminum gauge bezels and steering wheel accents add to the professional ambiance of the interior.
Several exterior features have been designed to help professionals organize the tools of their trade. Rear quarter panels open up to reveal a hollowed-out storage area with tool box, tool trays, tool kits, storage buckets, portable snake lights, blueprint clips and interchangeable bins designed for specific trades. A Magna Reconfigurable Tailgate Module doubles as either a ramp or a bed extender. A GM Accessories Bed-Rack carrying system has been enhanced on this vehicle with side mounts that hold ladders, wood, pipe or other construction materials. For trailering or attaching a rack, the Pro Plus is equipped with a Reese Dual Port System hitch.
The Sierra Pro Plus also delivers more than expected under the hood, with a Magnuson supercharged engine package from GM Performance Parts. The supercharger, currently under consideration for future production, boosts maximum horsepower of the Vortec 6000 V8 engine by 20 percent, to 328, and maximum torque by 23 percent, to 356 lb-ft. The vehicle is also equipped with a spill-proof, maintenance-free ACDelco Professional Platinum Battery, and a Directed Electronics VSL 4200 vehicle security system available from GM Accessories, with digital tilt and motion sensor concepts added to this vehicle. And to get the job done, the Sierra Pro Plus carries Porter-Cable Professional Power Tools, with a 6-inch Sawboss circular saw, Tiger saw, _-inch keyless-chuck hammer drill and flashlight.
* Heavy Duty 4WD extended cab with 6_-foot composite pickup box
* 6.0L Vortec 6000 V8 with Magnuson supercharger package (under consideration for future models by GM Performance Parts) increases maximum hp by 20 percent to 328 hp @ 5250 rpm, and increases maximum torque 23 percent to 356 lb-ft @ 4500 rpm
* Automatic 4-speed transmission with overdrive
* 4.10 rear axle ratio
* Handling/trailering suspension and trailering equipment
* Electronic shift transfer case
* Magna lockable floor console including Palm Pilot and cell phone storage station with always-on charging outlets, thermo-electric hot/cold cupholder and removable thermo-electric hot/cold cooler
* Lockable, reconfigurable storage box under rear seat
* 60/40 split bench rear seat with 40-percent portion removable
* Portable multi-bin tool box/organizer that installs in place of the removable 40-percent portion of 60/40 rear bench seat
* Rear driver door panel with removable Panasonic Toughbook laptop computer in magnesium case
* Rear passenger door panel removable tool kit bag
* Front seat back storage hook system with storage tube and matching interior accents for holding drawings
* Instrument panel cluster with electro-luminescent white gauges and brushed aluminum gauge bezels
* Custom steering wheel leather wrap and brushed aluminum accents
* Professional grade seat covering with woven vinyl seat inserts (front and rear)
* Door panels with matching woven vinyl inserts on trim bolsters
* L.L. Bean Waterhog front and rear floor mats
* Driver and passenger Grammer Air Ride seats including massage lumbar system
* Sunshade mounted 12-Disc CD holder (GM Accessories)
* Magna Reconfigurable Tailgate Module acts as bed extender or extendable ramp
* Delbar/PowerVision power extendable trailering mirrors
* Dura power rear sliding window (under development by GM Accessories as a future accessory)
* Quarter side storage with tool box, tool trays, tool kits, storage buckets, portable snake lights, blueprint clips and interchangeable bins designed for specific trades
* TracRac Bed Rack System (GM Accessories) modified on this vehicle to hold ladders, wood, pipe or other construction materials
* Accent rear lighting to illuminate bed area of the truck
* Tone-on-tone roof marker lamps
* Webasto dual power sunroofs
* Adjustable cargo bed
* Peragon brushed aluminum hard sliding cargo cover with lock
* Reese dual port hitch system for pulling trailer or attaching carrying rack
* Optimum Charcoal paint styled by Nippon Paint - Color Design Studio of America (CDSA) and formulated in Sherwin-Williams paint
* Custom wheel flares with industrial fastener accents in body color
* Tone-on-tone front fascia with integrated driving lamps and grille
* Custom body-color molded hood protector
* Bodyside molding with protective brushed accents with rubberized "Sierra PRO PLUS" badging
* CustomTow hooks with brushed accent finish
* Rocker step shield and running board system, wheel-to-wheel in body color with brushed accents and Pro-Tech rubberized/glass accent paint (acrylic-based urethane produced from recycled materials)
* Panther 17" x 8" machined aluminum six-spoke wheels with eight lugs
* 17-inch blackwall on-road/off-road tires
* Dual exhaust with brushed tips
* VSL 4200 Security System (GM Accessories) with digital tilt/motion sensor concepts added to this vehicle
* ACDelco Professional Platinum Battery (GM Accessories)
* Porter-Cable cordless Professional Power Tools including 19.2 Volt Quad Pack with 6-inch Sawboss circular saw, Tiger saw, _-inch keyless-chuck hammer drill and flashlight
Click Here To Return To Off-Road Vehicles