2010 Ultimate Adventure
Editor-In-Chief Rick Péwé: Custom Jeep CJ-7 (CJ-17)
The Ultimate Rigs of UA 2010
Custom Jeep CJ-7 (CJ-17)
Driver: Editor-in-Chief Rick Péwé
Co-driver: Tech Editor Fred Williams
As with all works of art, the building of the custom CJ-7 was long, arduous, and painstakingly detailed. The Boeing B-17 bomber-themed Jeep may have as many hours of skilled craftsmanship and knuckle-busting work into it as the original WWII Flying Fortresses. Péwé's CJ-7 has around 500 rivets and more custom parts than we can shake a stick at!
Technical Editor Fred Williams spent many sleepless nights making sure our editor-in-chief's Jeep was fit for duty. With a handful of people helping and wrenches all the way to New Hampshire, the venerable CJ-17 saw action on the very first trail day, with only a few minor electrical issues. Keep an eye out for tech articles on the CJ's buildup.
- Engine: GM LS3 Erod Engine
- Transmission: Bowtie Overdrives 4L80E
- Transfer Case: Atlas
- Front Axle: Dynatrac ProRock 44, 5.13 gears, ARB Air Locker, CTM U-joints
- Rear Axle: Dynatrac ProRock 60, 5.13 gears, ARB Air Locker
- Front: Fox coilovers, Eibach coils, Poly Performance 3-link with track bar kit
- Rear: Fox bypass shocks, BDS/Atlas Spring leaf springs (spring-under), Western Fabricators shackles, Dynatrac spring-under U-bolt kit
- Tires & Wheels: 37x12.50R17 Goodyear Wrangler M/TRs on 17x81/2 Walker Evans beadlocks
Winch & Bumpers: Warn 9.5xp, Chris Durham Motorsports front bumper, Western Fabricators rear shackle hanging bumper
The Rest: Advance Adapters radiator, Tom Wood's driveshafts, Daystar bumpstops, PSC steering, ididit steering column, Painless Performance wiring, IPF headlights, Truck Light taillights, Mercenary Offroad gunsight taillight covers and bomber spare tire tie-down, Hi-Lift Jack, Poison Spyder Customs rollcage, MasterCraft military jump seats with harnesses, Off Road Connection CB radio, Lokar Shifter, GM Supermatic transmission controller, Chappel Customs exhaust, Dynomax muffler, GenRight fuel tank and skidplate, reproduction B-17 steering control yoke, Bubba Rope, Off Again brake booster and master cylinder, Classic Tube hard brake lines, Summit Racing fuel lines, Poly Performance Baja basket, Poly Performance front limiting straps, ARB fridge freezer, Warn recovery kit
Enjoyed this Post? Subscribe to our RSS Feed, or use your favorite social media to recommend us to friends and colleagues!