2011 Ultimate Adventure
The Ultimate Adventure F-150
2011 Ford F-150 Ecoboost
By Ali Mansour
, Photography by 4 Wheel & Off-Road Staff
Driver: Rick Péwé
Co-Driver: Fred Williams
Stomping Grounds: Wherever Ultimate Adventure 2011 takes it
Each year we build an official vehicle to lead the Ultimate Adventure, and this year it happened to be a cutting-edge ’11 Ford F-150 EcoBoost. Piloting the UA F-150 is Editor-in-Chief Rick Péwé along with the man who oversaw the entire UA project build, Technical Editor Fred Williams. Built in just three months with the help of this year’s official UA fabricator, Randy Ellis Design, the UAF-150 is a one-of-a kind pickup built to handle every terrain imaginable. Fitted with a custom independent front suspension, 40-inch Nitto Mud Grapplers, and a powerful yet eco-friendly twin-turbo V-6, the F-150 was one of our most forward-thinking projects to date. The UA F-150 is the subject of an ongoing buildup series. Part 5 is in this issue, and past ones are online at 4wheeloffroad.com.
- Engine: 3.5L twin-turbo EcoBoost V-6
- Transmission: Stock FoMoCo 6R80 6-speed automatic
- Transfer Case: Stock Borg Warner 44-19
- Front Axle: Dynatrac ProRock 60 with ARB Air Locker, Dana Spicer 5.38 Gears, RCV 300M inner and outer axleshafts, Dynatrac Free-Spin Kit, Dyna-Lock Hubs
- Rear Axle: Dynatrac Pro 80 with ARB Air Locker, Dana Spicer 5.38 Gears, RCV 300M axleshafts
- Springs & Such: (front) Custom Randy Ellis Design–built IFS with chromoly upper and lower A-arms and knuckles, Fox 21/2-inch coilover shocks and Fox 2-inch air bumpstops, Icon Vehicle Dynamics coil springs, Poly Performance Rod ends, Synergy suspension limiting straps; (rear) Deaver Raptor 1-inch lift springs, Fox 21/2-inch 3-tube bypass shocks, Fox 4-inch air bumpstops, Randy Ellis Design custom shackles.
- Tires & Wheels: 40x13.35R17 Nitto Mud Grapplers on Trail Ready 17-inch HD beadlocks
Steering: Off Road Connection 36-inch custom steering ram, PSC full hydraulic steering pump, valve, cooler, reservoir, and plumbing kit
- Custom paint by Auto Body and More; Warn winch, recovery kit, and air compressor; KC and TJM off-road lights; Tuffy security toolbox; gas and water cans from Off Road Trail Tools; Summit Racing/Craftsman trail/track tool kit; Copper State Bolt trail hardware kit; ARB Fridge Freezer; JE Reel custom driveshafts; MasterCraft racing seat belts and tool bags; Poison Spyder Custom spare tire ratchet strap; Sun Devil fire extinguisher
Enjoyed this Post? Subscribe to our RSS Feed, or use your favorite social media to recommend us to friends and colleagues!