2011 Ultimate Adventure
Tim Hardy: 1987 Suzuki Samurai
The Ultimate Rigs of UA 2011
By Ali Mansour
, Photography by 4 Wheel & Off-Road Staff
Driver: Tim Hardy
Stomping Grounds: The Wild West
Tim Hardy is a virtual walking, talking Swiss Army Knife. He can make stuff that doesn’t exist, repair the irreparable, and even manage to pull a trailer through trails that the average rig can barely drive through. Tim has been on almost all Ultimate Adventures, each time piloting one of his seemingly low-budget yet indestructible Suzukis. And while the UA F-150 was the first official IFS rig to lead the pack, it hasn’t been the only IFS rig on the UA. Tim piloted an IFS Sidekick on UA 2007.
- Engine: Stock
- Transmission: 5-speed
- Transfer Case: Stock with a custom low-range gearset
- Axles: EZ Locker, 5.12 gears
- Springs & Such: Spring-over with Rancho shocks
- Tires & Wheels: 35-inch BFG M-Ts custom grooved on 15-inch aluminum wheels
- Custom Samurai trailer on 35s that hauls enough spare parts to build an additional Samurai
Enjoyed this Post? Subscribe to our RSS Feed, or use your favorite social media to recommend us to friends and colleagues!